Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Not Japan


Sigh... well, this is sort of bad news but sort of good news, too - I heard back from the summer program in Tokyo and they're not taking me. Which is a shame, but on the other hand, I really should get my basic chem courses covered this summer. And the logistical challenge of going away for 8 weeks was going to be... quite a logistical challenge indeed. I was beginning to have the thought experiments of "do I really want to do this even if I'm accepted into the program?" and coming up with all kinds of answers.

So you guys are stuck with me this summer. Mwahahaha.

Interesting having a decision made for me. I actually can't remember the last time that happened.

Which would be a good general question to toss out there, now that I think about it: when's the last time a decision was made for you?

Have a good day, all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be SO COOL to meet up in NYC! We just have to make that work.
Well I guess I end this comment with SEE YOU!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

On the one hand, sorry about that. On the other, as you so eloquently put it, mwahahaha.

In a sense decisions are made for us every day: if stuck in a comically horrible traffic jam on the highway during a snowstorm, for example, one's only reasonable choice is to turn off the engine in the hope of not running out of gas and sit there until movement becomes possible again.

(We didn't run out of gas, although I consoled myself for a while with the thought that if I had to sally forth on foot, I'd get to the nearest gas station much faster that way.)

The most recent one I can think of that was more like yours was calling home upon arrival at Rhinebeck to hear that Taz was being absurdly obstreperous. If I'd driven there myself I would probably have turned around and gone home, but since I hadn't, I couldn't. This turned out to be a good thing as things were much improved in the morning.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home