Friday, February 08, 2008

It's just a jump to the left...


Or, Let's do the Time Warp .... Again.

Today was really, really fun. By which I mean, peaceful, then a bit rushed, then extremely silly. I slept in the new place, having purchased sheets and towels - and oh, yes, there is a now-assembled bed and everything - go, me - plus the essential component: coffee and the means to make it. Ahhhh. So last night, I unloaded a whole bunch more stuff - the stuff is nearly done, I swear - and after opening a box of a thing that needed to be assembled, I looked at it, looked at the time (about 11:45 pm), noticed that I was tired, and then...went to bed.

I woke to peace and quiet, put the water on for coffee, took a shower (hey! I remembered shampoo!), and then drove back out to the house this morning, in a reverse commute that was truly a thing of beauty in its non-impeded-by-traffic-in-any-way-itude.

And so it went. Some peace and quiet. Woke various other members of household, got folks ready for such things as Shakespeare rehearsal, then drove around a lot, then settled in for the day and got really, really silly.

The silly...well, now. I have these two friends, C and B, and they're getting *really into* juicing things, and raw food. And C's been going through some very serious health stuff. And I've - well, I had my own stuff. We got on this loop all afternoon where I'd say, "because after all, it's really ALL ABOUT ME," to which C would reply, "oh no it isn't it's ALL ABOUT ME!" And we kept going at it and cracking up and incidentally making other people laugh, too - because what isn't funny about cancer and death and THE REAL ISSUE BEING MY NARCISSISM?? oh, excuse me, C's narcissism. Which is nowhere NEAR as well-developed as mine. I'm just sayin'. (I totally win at narcissism.) (Also irony.)

Anyhow, interject into this foolishness B and her raw food thing, and it just got beyond silly...somehow I found it necessary to put B into a (pretend!) headlock (which was actually a hug!) when she started in with the goddamn raw food shit again. So then B apparently tells at least one other person, S, that I will put *him* into a headlock if he will simply start talking about the benefits of raw food...which I didn't know about at the time, but he did, and I did...oh, it was ridiculous.

Yes, I do plan to go drink some wine with most of these people tomorrow night; whyever do you ask?

Lab assignments were posted at lecture - yay! I got Monday lab! happy, happy, joy, joy, lab next week, which means I get to go to knitting! huzzah! And it looks like I have my same TF from last semester, which is great, and also some of my favorite classmates/lab partners/study group compatriots are also assigned to my lab section. So fun is just exploding all over the place, willy-nilly (don't you just love that expression?).

The Fun Explosion. Sounds like a 70's pop band, doesn't it? Maybe it was...

Oh, and I'm at 78% on "hard" mode on Guitar Hero "Even Flow," which is pretty damn sweet if I do say so myself.

Um, yeah, I got some good rest last night. My body seems to think this is an "every other night" sort of thing. Ah, well.

Have a good day, all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

It's so wonderful to know that you are finding joy in life these days.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Not to boast rashly or anything, but I do believe I could give you a run for your money on some of this. I speak not of Guitar Hero, nor of raw food.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home