Sunday, February 17, 2008

Guitar Hero Hero


Good morning :)

Well, I've f*cked up times for everything, so the Requiem was in fact at 2 in the afternoon, not the evening; would have been helpful to check that ahead of time, but I've been kinda distracted. So I went to a budget hearing yesterday instead of Mozart, and today will be studying with some people from class instead of going to Mozart. Sigh. At least I'm getting caught up with all the stuff I need to do for classes. Blog post is the morning's reward for doing a detailed required post on Japanese history to the class bulletin board.

Yeah, I've been up for a while. It's a peaceful morning; I'd be happier with less of the "freezing" thing and more of the "thawing finally so we can get on with spring" and maybe not so much the "ice all over the stairs and driveway all the time." Just a thought.

I'm in a weird place emotionally. I have no sense of time. Ever. I am also pretty clueless. This makes it difficult if not impossible to be patient about something I want, and at the moment I also have no idea if I am the only one who wants it. I talked to S. about what was going on a little bit, and he was like, you are frickin' kidding me I hope he makes up for it! And my sister was like, oh geez honey you gotta just quietly walk the hell away from this. And I am torn between what my slightly paranoid animal self's instinct is and what it is inferring from things (which is avoidance), and what my head reads in actual words (which is desire). There's a huge disconnect between the two right now. Yuck.

So my head is rolling up its sleeves, stomping down on animal, and getting really focused on biostatistics and stuff. Which I do love, incidentally (it's all the fun of statistics with none of the hard math parts, and though I can certainly do the hard math parts, I am delighted that I don't have to). Head is preventing animal from doing anything too stupid. At least that's the plan. As R. said Wednesday, and no offense intended to the many many wonderful and kind and caring men I know, "boys suck."

Argh.

Have I mentioned that I'm intense? Oh. I'm intense.

Guitar Hero was a good outlet yesterday - I played for a couple hours before my budget hearing and made it through a bunch of songs on "hard"; am currently stuck on the damn Kiss song encore that I have to beat to get to the next sub-level and I'm *this close* but still failing it. Gack. I have blisters on my fingertips from this shit. No kidding; I really do. It's pretty weird.

I am for this weekend anyway a Guitar Hero Hero: there was a teen event Friday night, and they'd set up all kinds of stuff - DDR, Guitar Hero, music & dance floor, and more. And they'd blown fuses, and equipment wasn't working, and when I got there, they'd just realized no one had brought a disk to actually *run* Guitar Hero. So I went home and got mine. Ta da! Saving the day, one day at a time. Yup.

I so totally rock. It's a heavy burden, but I shall bear it. (flounce, flounce)

I'm fine, really; wistful, frustrated, but not insane with grief or any of the other pits of despair some of you have seen me in. Part of letting myself feel is gonna be some frustration and bitchiness and general suckitude now and then, and that's okay. Doesn't interfere with my overall fabulousness one bit. And there *are* a few cute guys around; hm....

On to more reading for class - have a glorious day, all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

How does that quote go? "People who keep stiff upper lips find that it's damn hard to smile." Yep, I know that one. It's really good to see you back among us. (I know, I keep saying that, but it keeps being true.)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

I love watching you heal, reach out, enjoy life.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home