Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Done and done


Well, that was fun.

The semester is now over for me. I took my bio final last night. I turned in my last paper last night. I am done, done, done for a couple of weeks, until it all starts up again. Whee! Whee, both to be done and to have new classes coming up.

The bio had me so terrified that I thought I was going to throw up, but it turned out to be fine, to my never-ending relief. I do actually know pretty much everything I'm supposed to know, after all, and so ... the questions seemed pretty easy, for the most part. There was a really fun long one on the last page where we had to figure out where in a DNA sequence the genes that encode for particular things were, based on exon locations and lab-created spliced fragments and test results for what the created pieces did in response to different media. It was fun! Really! I swear! Okay, it took me about ten minutes just to understand the question, but it was neat figuring out where things went. Also not terrifying.

My alleged love life continues to be sort of nice and sort of vexing, but that's okay. I really don't know what the hell I'm doing, and that would indicate that what I'm doing is "very little actually." Will need to have some chats with various people. Plus there's two guys in bio who are really cute, too! Geez!

I stayed up hilariously late last night after finishing everything, drinking some wine and playing Guitar Hero. Honestly, that game is too much fun. I also have an honest-to-God real guitar thanks to Tattoo Queen (and the guitar, she is beautiful!!!) - whoo hoo! - and music to play with, and am thinking about getting some guitar lessons again. I have this new ability to ask when I don't know things. It is amusing and also helpful and not very psycho at all.

Tryin' to keep that not psycho thing goin'. Good luck with yours, everybody!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

I can't tell you the smile my heart gets when I hear about you having such a great day. :-)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Re bio: rather you than me. I'd probably have puked.

Re love life: said it all already. You do amaze me.

Re guitar: I used to play, sort of. I should drag ours out of the closet sometime (because I am not far enough behind on everything else).

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guitar Hero and DNA sequences, that's my cup of the as well. Enjoy your break.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to move to where there are cute intellectual men.

Seriously.

I am honestly jealous of your man-full dating-ness!

---> Jessieknits in cro-magnon Pittsburgh

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home