Friday, March 16, 2007

Phew


Busy week, of course. We're having another big snow, but hey, I got places to go, right? It's kinda icy on the roads. I managed to slide when I was turning into a driveway and bang into a rock. A big rock. Ice. Not so good. So the poor minivan is once again going to be spending quality time in the body shop. Nobody hurt, yes it's drivable, but--well, crap.

Six months, yesterday. It has been a long week. I expended energy that wasn't actually extra on a crisis Wed., and then paid for it, so on the whole, it's been on the rough side. I am remembering things that I really, really need to, like getting prescriptions filled, but having a very hard time with random other things (did I forget to feed the dog, or is she just being a pig today? No idea.).

The kids seem to be in a pretty good groove, thank goodness. Littlest is really liking our experiment with new math stuff (three whole days, yes I know it's not going to last, but the main thing is to keep child doing it, preferably without child bursting into tears). Oldest took the National Latin Exam (which is where I was driving us) (how perfect! minutes before test, be in car crash! most excellent!) and has earned a little slacker time, after working on elaborate costume for hours and then re-doing the proofs for the final exam that didn't save correctly somehow. Ack. Middle is charming me utterly by being ga-ga over AP Biology. Favorite thing, I kid you not--loves this course. It's good, but honestly, sometimes it's what the kid is doing on Saturday mornings.

Time for this:



There. Much better. Finally remembered to update my sidebar (applause! applause!) and put new answers to the Secret Pal questions. I then accidentally deleted the start of the html for the whole blog template, but managed to fix it - go, me. Rah. So, phew. Hello, everyone; nice to see the gang this week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about the van, but y'all are ok, and thats all that matters, right?

Perfect timing on the youtube vid. Is this in celebration of REM being inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame? In any case..its a DELIGHT to be sipping coffee at 5AM, dancing in my office chair to Furry Happy Monsters. A great start to the day!

5:21 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

So sorry to hear about the rock incident :/ Jason had to go fetch Chris in that nasty weather yesterday as they were closing the dorms for spring break at 6 and he had class until 4:15. It took 3.5 hours to get there and 4 to get home. They saw 8 wrecks coming home but thank goodness they made it safely themselves. It's time to write some nasty letters.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Glad no one was hurt.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the fender bender. But much thanks for "Furry Happy Monsters" (I love the Kate Pierson muppett). That songs is one of the primary reasons I bought the Sesame Street box set.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home