Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lovely


All rightie, then; nothing much going on Chez Weasel, but there's a rather spectacular something to show you:


My SP9 pal made and sent me this gorgeousness. It arrived in yesterday's mail. I am stunned. It is lovely. I've managed to get a not-too-blurry shot of it, which unfortunately skewed the color pretty completely. The actual color is more like orange marmalade, or an orange marmalade cat. Thank you so much, Lorena.
I went to a kick-off event for a candidate for selectman Friday night. The candidate is a person I've known for a long time. She's a serious, sensible woman and a hard worker who's done one too many huge advisory committee reports, so the current plan is, I gather, to compel implementation of some of the laudable things she's worked on for the last several years. A nice evening, though I seem to be getting mistaken for a Republican lately--my Republican friends think, oh, she's rational, interested in sustainable policy choices, ergo Republican! Wrong, guys. Sorry and all. Anyhow, a lot of folks seem to think I should be in office again in some capacity or other. The trouble with that, of course--which I told folks--is that I have these huge gaping holes in my brain, still. Something to mull for later, perhaps. The public policy geekiness could get pretty bad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

What a fab shawl, that's one dedicated SP!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Oh, GULP!!! What an amazing shawl. Lorena is the secret pal to end all secret pals.

p.s. My mom was once called by a reporter looking for a quote from a "moderate Republican woman". She (the reporter) had assumed that because Mom was appointed by a Republican governor, she was, herself a Republican. Mom corrected her gently (as is her wont), and (I suspect) used the opportunity to wax on about bipartisanship.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

*hugs*

So relieved and glad you like it! (Hi, first time lace knitter, here...)

6:21 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

(gobsmack) (thud) (sits up groggily) Excuse me, did she say first time? Well, it is the Lenten season, after all. I guess a little humility never hurt anyone. (sighs, picks up pathetic little swatch for lace scarf)

As for being a rational Republican... I decline comment.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing shawl! Go, Lorena, go! I hope many more lace projects are in your future!

And as for you as a candidate for some sort of office (we do not have selectmen here), I say, let the geekiness begin!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Thanks, Erica! And Lucia? I think the trick to success was not really being aware of the magnitude of lace. ;-) That, and being highly motivated to spoil someone as fantastic as Liz!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home