Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mercury, schmercury


I've heard about this Mercury retrograde crap, and it's probably a lot of hooey, but I'm still going to use it as an excuse for why I haven't yet attempted to replace my hard drive. Yeah, it's because Mercury is retrograde. Yeah, right. It's because I'm chicken, really, but y'all can keep a secret, can't you?

The Celtics are finally not sucking too much. This comes as a relief. I'm sad about Dennis Johnson's death last week, and a little frustrated that I can't reminisce about that glorious starting five with anybody (DJ, McHale, Parrish, Larry, and Danny...ah, those were the days...) that I'm likely to run into today. Um...the C's beat the Knicks last night. The Knicks are sucking almost as much as the Celtics this year. Still, a win is a win. I'm trying to decide if I want to try and get a small gang of women together for the Rockets game next week - the beloved Green sucks so much this year that they're running promotions to try and get people to show up for the games, and one of them is a Girls Night Out thing. We'd get hot dogs, basically. Anyone?

I still haven't sat down to figure out precisely where Charlotte's Web went wrong - it's one stitch, it should be easy to find, but I haven't been able to concentrate for a few days. Soon, I hope. Socks are progressing. We had a fine ol' time at Javaroom last night, helped along by the new wine bar, I suspect.

I'm going to bitch about the new Blogger now for a sec: I used to get comments to the blog forwarded to my email, and then I could reply to you guys. Now I just get the comments with no email info for you, and it's a pain in the ass. So I'm sorry that I haven't been responding, Carole and Lucia and Lynne and Carla and I think Suzanne and everybody - it's frustrating and I'm clearly going to have to do my least favorite thing: RTFM*. Sigh. Sorry. Please bear with me.

Crankily yours,
Crazed Weasel

*"RTFM" = Read The F*cking Manual; standard help desk advice.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Well, you won't run into me, because I'm at work, which is a shame because those were the days, weren't they? Remember when they beat the Sixers in the playoffs after being down 3-1? I'd love to go to the game, but I probably can't. Ditto Amber's thing -- as I suspected, it conflicts with selling raffle tickets. Think of me: I'll be having so much fun I can scarcely bear to contemplate it.

I get email addresses for people who have their Blogger profiles set up that way -- maybe I should check mine and make sure it's still set up that way.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

When is this basketball game? Details, pleas.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, no worries on non replied to comments. I've been a big offender of that lately - too many comments, not enough time to respond. I'm sure there is something in the settings of blogger that could fix that though.

Retrograde mercury..I believe in it. Even worse is when your saturn is in return (if thats the correct term) My MIL is big into astrology, and her assessments of my saturn return coincided with some pretty miserable crap going on in my life. And mercury retrograde, every single time, my computer dies, the car dies, an appliance dies. I.totally.believe.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, it never crossed my mind that you hadn't replied. The blogosphere has such an odd dynamic, and I decided some time ago to just leave comments, like pepples on a post, and not worry about a response. I do tend to avoid adding to a landslide of rocks. Just translate "RTFM" at some point!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Argh! The retrograde ate my comment!
What I had said was that the full moon is tomorrow as well, so the eclipse ought to be stellar if the weather clears up.
If you want a hand with the hard drive, or just a hand nearby holding a stiff drink as needed, let me know. :)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home