Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mind the gap


Long gap between posts - sorry 'bout that. The days keep getting away from me. I've been knitting a bit--another sweater for me out of malabrigo (swoon, thud) Crap! I'm awake again. It's really nice yarn, but the picture is so crappy I won't post it. Speaking of crappy, I've also started a lace shawl, Charlotte's Web, with some Koigu:


It is lace in progress. It therefore looks dreadful.

Now that I'm on row 49, I realize that this wasn't the lace pattern I was thinking of. I actually wanted to knit the Peace Shawl. The shawl in progress is going pretty nicely, except for the usual foolishness I have with most patterns--you know, believing that I would have written it differently and (of course!) better. Given the state of my brain, this is unlikely. I have experimented with doing the decreases differently, and concluded that I really should do them as written. I also got in a snit about an error in the chart. Except there wasn't an error in the chart at all; I just lost the ability to count six graph squares. Also I've done the yarn switchover a bit late. And I notice that I'm not going to use up all five skeins of Koigu, not by a long shot. So maybe there'll be enough left over to make the Peace Shawl. Once I order the pattern, that is.

See what I mean?

I managed to get up to Portland for SPA this weekend, for about three hours, all told. The kids were perfectly willing to have Mom go on up, but there was the little matter of a birthday party to be prepared for, and I got a late start, and, well... wan hello, folks. Another huge thank you to Lynne and Jena for finding the poncho in progress that I accidentally threw into the snow in the parking lot. I noticed this on arriving home. The poncho, which is for my daughter, is nearly done. It is knit in yarn I really don't like working with, Lion Brand Microsuede. But I honestly didn't mean to cast it into the gutter and drive away; this was apparently an action undertaken by my subconscious.

So the theme appears to be that my brain has some big holes in it, still. I'll just keep rolling with it and see what happens. I've agreed to do a commissioned piece for the yarn company; I hope I don't do something ridiculous, like, oh, knit the sleeves one size and the body another.

On we go. Aaaaaaaaah. Also eek.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I accidentally left the project with Ms. Jena who is bringing it tonight. Although we suspected you did this on purpose, I knew you would have removed the Addi's first before tossing it into the snow bank.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I still can't believe we were there at the same time and didn't hang out. I'm quite sad, actually.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

It was nice to see you, however briefly... it's even nicer that I get to see you all the time. When you announced that you had to leave I did think of dragging you over and introducing you to Carole, only... she wasn't there at that moment. Sigh.

Brightening... see you tonight, I sincerely hope. I will be the one knitting fun fur hat #5. Perhaps you can show me a likely snowbank.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaahh! Eek! Thud. One holy trinity. Covers quite a lot. Eventually your subconscious will let you in on its plans.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Hopefully you got the Poncho Of Disdain from Lynne tonight... Dave and I were there for a little bit, but given SPA this past weekend, there's only so much gals-and-fiber I can expect him to tolerate. ;)

See you next week for sure!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I'm bummed I missed you, too, but there shall be other opportunities. There just have to be.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home