Sunday, March 09, 2008

An orgy of studying


No, not that kind of orgy.

The kind where you have a heart dissection Monday, and then study in the library until it closes at midnight, and then go to lecture on Tuesday, and study some more, and then go out for tequila! yay! with your friends! who you never see! I love my friends! yay! And then you study and study and study some more, and Friday night you study and take a practice test and study with some classmates until 4 in the morning and then you study and play Guitar Hero for a while and then... well, today I did some studying.

Biology midterm Monday at 7:35.

Japanese history midterm Monday at 5:30.

Molecular biology midterm Tueday at 7:35.

So that's where I've been, and where I'll likely be until...um, Wednesday.

In the epicenter of a studying maelstrom that begins with Tokugawa samurai, continues on through the Bohr shift of the partial pressure of oxygen/hemoglobin saturation percentage for different blood pH levels, and finishes with god only knows how many pieces of the molecular action of topoisomerases IA, IB, and II.

Wish me luck. Sigh. (I remember having a life a few weeks ago, I wonder where it went...)

7 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

So that means I get to buy you a drink Wednesday night...right? ;)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Good luck! We'll see you (as frazzled as you may be by then) on Wednesday. :) I think since Amber's got you covered on a bevvie already, I'll spring for your tiramisu (or other therapeutic chocolate type item).

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that doesn't sound like the fun kind of orgy.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Yikes. Somebody up there buy her a drink for me, please?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

It was lovely to see you, even in a brief and auditorily challenged way. Make that three on the drinks. (One of us could give you a ride home as well.) I'm sure you'll do splendidly.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn lacking sufficient twist? Add some topoisomerase!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, 3 exams within 2 days!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home