Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Getting very excited about dyeing

Of course. What do I not get excited about? I mean, I get excited about getting my taxes done and reading the upcoming zoning bylaw changes - so admittedly the bar probably isn't very high. But whoo hoo! The sock yarn I ordered for this dye project arrived today!



My hand is in there for scale. It's soft, and nice, and not quite as sproingy as Cherry Tree Hill but it's up there in the make-me-a-happy-camper department. Uh, the yarn, I mean, not my hand. And I already have tons of koolaid stashed for just this sort of thing. I ordered this stuff, when? Monday? and it arrived today, already? Sheesh! Schoolhouse Press, thank you thank you thank you. Whoo hoo, again, I say!

Hi, Lynne! Hi, Amber! Hi, Jena! Hi, Julie! Nice to see you all at Javaroom tonight. I got a bunch done on the malabrigo (oo. malabrigo. swoon. thud.) Ah. Back to consciousness. Finished the front and sewed the shoulders--et voila:


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how the dye process turns out! Woo-hoo for you!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Hey, you're in too! You may get a lot of calls from me for advice. (I'm in the WTF category of course.) This is gonna be great fun. I still can't decide whether to spin my own.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

I'm here to testify as to the cloud-like dreaminess of that pink Malabrigo... I've felt it, folks! Believe me! :)

Also, FYI, Julie is http://stoneview.blogspot.com

I'm looking forward to seeing the dyed yarn next week!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home