Saturday, April 22, 2006

Oo, look!



The card from my Project Spectrum postcard partner arrived! Whee! Isn't it nifty? Teeny little knitting needles and everything! Thanks, Maylin! I hope the one I sent arrives in France soon. Thanks to Lolly for coordinating the swap - this is fun.

I went to the Grafton yarn shop last night and heard/saw/experienced Yarn Harlot, with my daughter, who's also a fan. She signed both our books and gave little person directions for how to make a teddy bear out of garter stitch squares. Gracious and kind, and thank you very much, Madame Stephanie. It was a bit of a crush, but cheerful. Kat was there, and I think Carole who was at the Team Boston party (and was probably wondering "why is that strange person waving at me") but I didn't see Jena - possibly she didn't make it, or equally possible, I was squished into the aisle near the door and couldn't see much of anything.*

Where else but in a room full of knitters will two total strangers beckon across the room and say, "Elizabeth I? From Tudor Roses?" Yup. And we all knew what the hell that meant, too. Knitters rock.

*
yes, I have quite recently mastered the a href linking text for html. Aren't you happy for me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Congratulations on your newfound linking skills! Well, of course we do.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice that your daughter enjoyed The Harlot -- excellent mommy daughter time, methinks.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Oh, Dave and I were there... we were near the front, though.

I'm sorry we missed you! :)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home