Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy feet.



Stripey socks - done. Owing to birthday preparations for DH for tomorrow, we didn't go anywhere (after rehearsal) except Shopping For Some Surprise Items. Middle child and I are both angling for a visit to Grafton tomorrow to see Harlot - the dear young one read one of the books and loved it. Also likes to read Steph's blog over my shoulder. Also knits. You know, a dream kid.

Last night's drive-by knitting with others saw me finish the other side of an entrelac pillow. I'm still sewing up the sides. But here it is:


Pathetically late though I was, I did get to see Lynne's positively stunning yoga wrap that she made with her handspun, no less. Gorgeous. And the very fun woman sitting next to me who I didn't introduce myself to had some awesome Jaywalkers with Regia - kind of an ice cream/melon ringel colorway. Gotta go see Jena's page to see some yarn linkage - you know, important stuff. Of course I have work to do, but dammit, I finished my socks. --okay, just looked, and oh god it's the cashmere. Exhaling very slowly now. There we go.

Speaking of Lynne, she has a meme up: name 5 places you have knit other than in your house and in a yarn shop, oddballs win fabulous prizes. Or something. ANYWAY, I have knit:
1) in the garden of a rented thatched cottage in Devon
2) in line at the bank
3) in the car (constantly, when DH drives) (not much when I'm driving)(although if the traffic is really bad, I'm working on socks)
4) on the T (Boston subway)
5) at the movies (the children don't let me do this anymore)

Yes, Ruth, the fat suits are plump and poofy. The children look quite silly in them. Lucia, thanks for trying to get hold of me earlier - all I managed was baking birthday cake and doing present shopping before going "plop" at home. Glad *somebody* got to see Harlot, anyway.

It's spring, so that means it's the season of pretending I am a decent gardener. It all goes pear-shaped when we go away on vacation in July, of course, but for now, it's all sweet scents and blossoms and tra la la. We have all sorts of new flowers ready to go into the planters by our kitchen door, and some new ones for inside the house, too. Pansies! Black ones! White ones! Yellow ones! Purple! I am still (fingers crossed) managing not to kill my lime plant, not really a tree as yet, more like a shrubbery. Not too expensive, with a little path... Ahem. Lexington Gardens has these (hysterically expensive) citrus trees, and they're in bloom and they look and smell marvelous. Ah, to grow navel oranges in the wintry wilds NW of Boston... The coffee plant is blooming like crazy. The Easter lily is rather pungent, and I'm not sure I like it, but it's alive. The new ones are a peppermint scented geranium, a pineapple sage, regular sage, and a begonia (DD#2's choice) (little fellow chose more pansies). I am pleased with myself for keeping some of the plants from last year alive to go back into the planters. I am always pleasantly surprised when my plants don't die. Even the weird turnip top growth is now in bloom. Perhaps the universe is telling me something.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love this time of year!? I planted assorted pansies last weekend too. I love the forsythia and daffodils all in bloom at the same time. I guess we can say it's finally Spring in New England. YAY!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I'm just sorry I didn't think to call you before I was second in line to get books signed. Um... if you go to Grafton tomorrow (wish I could go, but Miss B will be celebrating her birthday), could you get one more signed for me? There's one person I meant to get one for and (slaps forehead) forgot.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum yum coffee. :) I love coffee plants!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home