Monday, April 09, 2007

Belated Happy Easter


Happy Easter!

We had a chocolate-filled day, ix-nay on the urch-chay thing as usual. The Bunny brought some Smarties eggs for the two younger weasel offspring and a large Cadbury one for oldest, so much rejoicing all around.

I spent a ridiculously long time Saturday working on estimated taxes for 2007. My brain froze utterly about the time I got to this point in the instructions:

I kept losing track of whether they meant the US Schedule B (or D) or the Massachusetts Schedule B (or D). This was after taking several hours to work through everything already, including a half hour at least searching for just this one bit of information:

Okay, GOOD, but, sheesh, it took forever to find that. Until then I was going, oh crap, where do I enter that income? which part of the form does it go on? Schedule Y? X? or is it B? or Z? And yes, Massachusetts has all those letters, and the instructions for the tax form schedules are not arranged in alphabetical order by form name. So instructions for Schedules A and B are after X, Y, Z, and CB. All together now - AAARGH! The children made me promise not to do any tax work on Easter. So I didn't. Back on our heads, now, and to work through the final version, as I'm pretty sure I used one figure from the wrong year and now have to re-calculate the whole second half of the form.

This is more fun than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. But not by much.

My Christmas cactus is well and truly an Easter cactus these days, I think. It probably needs a new pot. I think this because the plant hasn't gotten any bigger, and it's been three years. Bloom:


One of those things that only people who read knitting blogs will fully appreciate: I had a chat with my sister yesterday - she called to say Happy Easter - and we were talking about her new boyfriend and how things are going (move in together? not?) and what she's been up to for the last couple of weeks. She says, we went and visited his sister; she lives in upstate New York. I say, really? where? And she says, well you probably haven't heard of it, it's a little town called Rhinebeck. Pause. I am silent. Oh, yes, dear, I know where Rhinebeck is. Oh, yes. Then I had to spend the next several minutes explaining How Important This Is - egad! a potential near-relative with a house actually IN RHINEBECK! holy crap! Words failed me, people. Eventually she got the general drift. Gack. Agggg. Pluftft. Yeah, I'm really articulate sometimes.

Cheerio, and belated chocolate wishes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Josette said...

How does your brain work after all that? I hope you got some chocolate, too. I didn't - but it may have to do with an old family tradition of mine wherein we scare the kids into thinking he/she might not come and threaten to put out traps to catch him. Dang...karma and family lineage have robbed me of Eestah choloclates!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I hope your Easter was peaceful.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

A belated happy Easter to you too! Your cactus is lovely.

Please encourage your sister to continue this relationship.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Ostera. Chocolate is always good.

Rhinebeck?! You have potential contacts in Rhinebeck? Can we camp in their yard?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Rhinebeck...? So, are you going?! Because I'm going, and staying with a friend just outside of Rhinebeck, and I would love to meet you in person if you're there! Consider it? Maybe? Please? If I beg? LOL!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I'm with Lucia. This is a relationship that your sister obviously needs to pursue.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

Your sister's possible future sister-in-law lives IN RHINEBECK!?!?? I think your sister needs to marry this one. ;)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home