Saturday, January 13, 2007

Getting it done


As the observant among you may surmise from the fact that I can ACTUALLY POST AGAIN, I have fixed the internets. Yay! I figured out how to "ping" the in-house network we have, how to make sure that the problem was indeed that the modem wasn't talking to the outside world, and all kinds of empowering things. To my delighted surprise, Verizon DSL has tech support 24/7, and not too many voice menu options. The Verizon person stayed on the phone with me for a long time, and we got it working again. Yay, again, I say!

So here's a couple of pictures from the peace vigil/protest/whatever in Concord Thursday night:



I've been checking out hotels in DC for the 27th - which I now know is a Saturday, not a Sunday (there's that brain functionality thing popping up again, dangit). A bustlement! Oh, good! Something manageable to arrange that doesn't involve death! The kids are receptive, particularly when I point out that it won't be 105 degrees.

I'm beginning to feel more able to do things, in spite of the ongoing large holes in my mind. Secret Pal, Carole, Lucia, Suzanne, Jennifer - Hi! Thanks for stopping by. "See" you around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Hi to you too! Nice pix. I should have made Grant drive home through Concord so we could honk at you or something. (Our assortment of bumper stickers would give you a clue as to which side we're on.)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm here! Glad that the brain is functioning better these days.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

I think your internets and my internets have been having unprotected communications because my internets now have an STD (spotaneous temporary disconnection).

I'm glad the demonstration went well! :)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home