Saturday, May 06, 2006

Ridiculous even by my standards.
Well, hello, if anyone's still out there. We've had a jam-packed week here chez Weasel (who doesn't?). After lengthy discussion (screaming, crying, cursing, issuing of ultimatums), we still have no chairs and the new shipment of wallpaper is still defective. We have had wallpaper crap all over the place since early January. Uh-huh. Yes, I still have brown (BROWN!) walls. No, nobody can come over to eat on the fabulous table because we have no f***ing chairs. We can stand around and look at the table.

It's a really great table.

Crazed Weasel endeavors have expanded to include scheduling study groups for the coop for next fall, which has been rather interesting (in the Chinese curse sense as well as the normal one). People are so wonderful and willing, and say things like, oh sure, I can work with some kids on things; what do you need? And it goes round and round. I'm supposed to be all done setting time slots and everything by Monday. I sort of am. Eek. I think I've only made one family's life a bleak and cheerless hell, so that's pretty good, right?

DD#2 had a violin concert Wed. night, so mama had to go to that and missed knitting. I got to knit with the Acton Fabulousness On Wheels (aka Judith and the gang) (thanks for hosting!) for a whole half hour before going home for the wallpapering guy who didn't turn up for several...long...hours. Weasels do not like interrupting their knitting for no good reason. Today we had a soccer game at 9 a.m., and then the rest of the day at Beyond IQ, a fun conference that we enjoyed a lot last year; tomorrow the same.

There was a flurry of activity this week on the design front, too: Classic Elite is putting the finishing touches on error corrections for my jacket design (see sidebar), which apparently loads of knitters all over the country are attempting and they're all stuck at the same place because there's an error in the chart as published. Hang in there, everybody! It's coming! It's coming! A revised version that's correct should be available any minute now. I saw it with my own two eyes.

Big hellos and missing you's to everybody (Ruth, Jena, Lynne, Amber, Lucia, on and on and on) and hope to catch up with someone, some time. I plan to go to NH Sheep and Wool for Mother's Day--maybe some of us can gather then?

Pictureless, brainless, staring into the void that is an empty blog.

On the plus side, it's May! And Project Spectrum's color this month is My Favorite: Green! Yay! Green! I love green! I also love purple and bright pink and stuff, but green most of all! Hurray! (Yes, this is a hint to my dye-o-rama pal) (you're welcome)

Did anybody notice that the April Almanac project involved lots and lots of kitchener stitch? And that nobody even whispered a hint of actually doing it? Gee, I wonder why... hm...

Oh, yeah.

Later, folks, less lamely, I hope.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the wallpaper and chairs! When they arrive, though, I'm sure they will make the fabulous table look even more fabulous.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greens?? oh goody as those are my favorite colors too; all shades of green!! see.....i am watching you; nice patterns by the way!! secret pal

12:49 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Hi and missing you too, Liz! I can't go to NH due to Miss B's ballet recital. (She is now in both performances, which is good, but. Rats.) Nor can I go to MA. On the plus side, Grant's group sang its last concert of the season last night, which means I might make it to the Javaroom next week, life permitting.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home