Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Geeking out, again


This is probably going to get very tiresome for some of you ("going to"?? ha! it already is!), but I am loving my neuro course. Love, love, love it. We seem to be getting a wee bit behind the syllabus, so not all the material from the reading gets covered that same week in lecture (we pick it up in next one, though). So I was all excited about learning more about the mechanism for saltatory conductance down the axon! Wow! How cool! But... we didn't get to it. Sniff, sob. Sigh.

Anyway, this morning's profound excitedness is that I figured out that once I finish the undergrad requirements, I can apply directly to a Ph.D. program. Which would be so damn cool I can barely contain myself. In fact, I can't; my kids have been dealing with Mom and Her Neuroscience Obsession all morning. I'm going to take the GRE in August, just to see how I do--why the heck not. (Is this wayyyy premature or what?)

The geekiness goes on: Massachusetts seems to actually have a budget by the start of the fiscal year, which almost never happens, so the Dept. of Revenue released revenue and assessment estimates for cities and towns. I'm still on the email list for that stuff. It's interesting comparing the data for different communities, and the slight changes year to year in what information gets included. I'm not sure, but I think my town had a fight a few years ago about one of the assessment figures...oh, good god, there really isn't anyone on earth who gives a crap about this, is there?

Um, so, I'm having a pretty geeky day. I'm gearing up to finally swap in my new hard drive. Gulp. I bought a Mac OSX disk set, using my brand new handy dandy student discount, so if it all goes to hell in a handbasket, I can at least boot up from the CD drive.

Let's see if I can think of more geekitude...nope, I think that's all for today. Cheers, all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeking out on all cylinders - gotta love it!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yay! That's awesome. =)Go you!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

It's all Geek to me.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home