Monday, June 11, 2007

Done and done


Finished the commission, sent it off express mail because my fedex account is doing something weird, emailed what could be emailed. First on-time work done in this here Phase II of my life--yay! The children tell me I was very grumpy before it was all done. I am inclined to believe them. I am always grumpy on deadline. I do not think this is likely to change. This involved fastest-ever pattern writing, too, which was sort of a hoot--I'm not precisely sure anymore how much detail really needs to go in, because it's been a while since I wrote a pattern. I hope it's okay--I do know that instructions have to be more than, "Make hat. Weave in all ends." And I did give more than that. Just not very much more.

Also planted the second fruit tree! Another yay! The hole for this one didn't have nearly so many rocks in it, so it didn't take all day.

Yes, Rosana, you're right about the movie with the John Denver song--I keep forgetting what it's called, but yeah, that's the one ("Whisper of the Heart"). The supermarket now seems to have his greatest hits on rotation. Aargh, indeed.

What is it with weeks going by? We keep running out of milk and clean laundry, and I get all "ALREADY??" and then recall, oh. Oh, yes. It has been about a week. Time to buy milk and do laundry again. Sigh.

Today's revelation on cognitive impairment was the realization that if I don't actually need my finance dude to sell any stock, I won't have any realized capital gains. And thus my tax bill, quarterly payment due this Friday, might in fact be hilariously miniscule for this year. Oh, yeah. Oh. It has been eight months with the same dude, same plan, same strategy, same everything. I just failed completely and utterly to grasp one of the most basic things that is going on with all that. Yeah. Okay, so...still reveling in the constant surprise that is my own mind. Good lord. I feel like a total idiot. Una idiota, totalmente. For some reason my head is supplying the word "agradecido" here; I do not know why. Perhaps I am agradecido por ese hombre y su mente que functiona cuando no functiona lo mio. Or something like that.

My Spanish grammar is a bit rusty.

Also I never learned how to put accents and tildas where they're supposed to go.

I am resolutely not giving a crap about politics lately. It's making me tired. I've gotten some fundraising mail from two candidates for Meehan's seat and honest, I don't know who the other ones are, or really who these ones are. It is important, but also feels sort of futile.

Oh! My Harvard summer course means I get a summer school id, which means...I can go to Widener Library. They have a Folio in there. I'm quietly very excited. I don't think they'd let it circulate, you understand, but it'll be nice to stand near it, and go "oooo" (they don't have one at Stratford on Avon, btw).

That's all for today. Hi, Lynne and Carole and blogless Lynne and Lorena and Rosanna and Lucia and farmwitch and Jena and Kat and Double Helix and everybody. (Grief update: kids violin recital yesterday, at same church hall as funeral; surprised for some reason that this would make me lose it. Go figure. Bawl, bawl, bawl. Went out to dinner with homeschooling moms afterward, which turned out to be the best thing I could have done. Back on even-ish keel now.) (a deep thank you to all those ladies: thanks.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Can we still be friends when you go to Harvard? I only went to lowly Wheaton, you know. :-)
I told you grief was sneaky. It bites you in the ass when you least expect it. Glad the dinner afterwards was a cheerful affair.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Hi to you too, with hug attached. (Which two candidates do you know? Someone called me doing one of those surveys that aren't really and tried to persuade me to vote for one of them just because she's a woman.)

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I measure my life in those weekly tasks.. and I'm with you on that one (where the hell does the week go?) Time seems to be going by entirely too fast lately.
Politics. Me too. Its absolutely mentally exhausting these days. I still read the blogs daily (for the most part) occasionally comment at dkos, admittedly on the non political topics like Saturday morning home and garden blogging and all that.
As for candidates. Funny, the ONLY politician sending me stuff and calling my house, is MITT ROMNEY. As IF I'd support him.. har har.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Gah, grief! It's like going up a staircase for the millionth time and WHOA somebody put an extra stair there and now I've fallen and cracked my shin! WTF!

You are often in my thoughts. And I say so even though thinking after writing it that it sounds kind of creepy.

*hugs*

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

I hear you on being just done with politics lately. After the failed override and all the stress surrounding it, realizing that friends and cohorts across the town and state are losing their jobs because of a stupid outdated formula on Beacon Hill... and the straw that broke this camel's back was when they spent an entire day's session debating WHAT BRAND OF MAPLE SYRUP should be our official state syrup. They were paid their daily salary to discuss this while hundreds of teachers have been laid off and towns are scrambling to figure out how to pay for the essentials we need to educate our kids and...
oh yeah.
I wasn't going to do politics anymore.
*ahem*

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I were half as productive as you. I was really proud of myself for turning in school papers before getting hit with the 25$ late fee, only to realize that I had missed the busing deadline, which means...you guessed it...more paperwork. Le Sigh.

Give the folio an "ooooo" for me, will you? That's just awesome.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home