Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Stars and leaves and green in your eyes


The Perseid meteor showers peak this Sat. night! This is the first time in I don't know how long that I've remembered to check when they are BEFORE the biggest nights for viewing. Peak viewing time 1 - 3 a.m. (the wee hours of Sunday). There's going to be a lot of moon interfering, but still oughta be pretty cool.

Youngest kid and I have been on a pretty good groove today. He really loves learning about history, no matter what else is going on, so today we did our long-anticipated paper boat re-enactment of the defeat of the Spanish Armada in the bathtub. Happy little guy! Some particular detail always captures his imagination. In this case, it was that some of the ships got close enough to throw grappling hooks to the others and capture them. This did not work out very well in the tub battle, but it was still fun.

Plugging along with knitting. I'm in limbo with a pattern that I thought was all done (they changed their minds about what they wanted and I don't yet have the info I need to make the change), and still need to write one more and then knit the piece. If it were my favoritest yarn in the whole wide world, it'd be a little more attractive a task. Um, but it isn't. So I'm grumping about not having my circs better organized, because I need to switch needle sizes on the sleeves for the leaf cardigan. I think the needles I need are in use with the Dale for dh. Which I did, at long last, frog back to the point where I needed to, but still haven't done anything further with. So the leaf it is. The dye-o-rama pal sock #1 is finished, and I've discovered that the heel type I did doesn't really fit my foot so well. DRAT! So I think this pair is going to be for DD#1, assuming it fits her. And if not, it's a fabulous hand-dyed sock puppet. Note to self: there is a good reason I do heel flaps. This is the kind that seems to fit me best. Duh. Regardez le knitting:




You will note that I am once again at the green-on-green section. This really requires daylight to work with. On the needle, it is very hard for me to tell whether I've got dark green or light green stitches. I've acquired an affection for this pattern. I've now worked, oh, 17 x 6 complete leaves. I now arrive fondly at "oh, yes, this is one of the rounds where I need to have one color in each hand to not go bonkers" - stuff like that.

Jennifer - gee, long time no see indeed! Probably in the fall, I'm hoping. Hope you guys had a great time at Greeley. (yes, Lynne too.)

A quiet day. Later, all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

Well, tonight you will have all of us there to cheer you on if necessary. :)

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home