Thursday, July 13, 2006

Peace, or at least less death



Juan Cole has quietly challenged progressive bloggers to do what they can to aid Palestinians. UNRWA is the United Nations body struggling to feed and shelter refugees in the Occupied Territories. They have an emergency appeal going on right now. Click here to help if you wish to do so.

I do not wish to hear from you if you want to tell me that all Palestinians are terrorists or that they are somehow not human beings. I do not in any way condone terrorist acts of any kind. I also do not condone the current actions of the Israeli army. The situation has spiralled out of control. This has to stop. My heart breaks for all sides.

Peace. Let us all hope for a way out of the madness.

Back to knitting tomorrow.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Thanks for the links.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Rebekah Ravenscroft-Scott said...

Thanks for taking a stand on this! Sometimes I think we knitters get very isolated in our craft, it's a good reminder to stay in touch with the atrocities (on all sides) of the world we live in.

appreciate the post,
sep

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home