Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Okay, something more entertaining (with thanks to geekpixie)


Your ears aren't what they once were and you have resorted to doing online hearing tests.

The highest pitched ultrasonic mosquito ringtone that I can hear is 12kHz
Find out which ringtones you can hear!


In addition to forlornly trolling the blogosphere, I'm also still knitting, albeit very little (see weatherpixie sidebar) (ack). I found Riverbend's book at the library yesterday and have now finished reading it--yes, it's very compelling. That and the news is ... bumming me out. You know that scene in "Annie Hall" where the harridan mom brings the depressed kid to the doctor? "He won't do his homework!" "the universe is expanding. what's the point?"

The nice knitting stuff: on the final portion of the edging on the shawl, so with a following wind I'll have it done tomorrow. I did a chunk of work that I was procrastinating, yay, and have been a knitting slacker on some other stuff I really need to do (er, swatch as promised. yeah, that.). And (or is it "but"?) I got a "call for designs" from Caron Yarns which is all happy and enthusiastic, so that was cheerful, too.

Trying to stay cool, and knit like crazed...you know. Later. Breathe, just breathe, like the song says.


You Are 40% Control Freak

You have achieved the perfect balance of control and letting go.
You tend to roll with whatever life brings, but you never get complacent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

My ears are apparently younger than the rest of me as I got to 15.8 and still heard squealy noise. I could always hear the dog range noise on the White Album when I was younger, wonder if I'd still hear that.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm trying not to think about the news. You're right, it's depressing.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home