Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Perhaps I'm beginning to wig out...


So I'm working chem problems this morning, trying to get to full mastery and total domination so that I can score brilliantly on the test Thursday.

And I'm having trouble calculating K for a reaction. I've already correctly calculated the standard free energy change, which is -29.03 kJ/mol - that's no problem. But I'm trying to use the equation where the -29.03 kJ/mol = -RTlnK. And I look at the answer key, and it says I should be getting 1.2 x 10 to the fifth. I am getting 122638.9559.

Argh! I say, argh!! why am I not getting... oh, wait. 1.2 x 10(5) IS 122658.9559. I am simply failing to understand numbers this morning.

Gack.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

You're my hero :)

We love you!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I can only say: rather you than me. Although I did actually recognize that 122638.9559 = (roughly) 1.2 x 10 to the fifth. Something like -29.03 kJ/mol = -RTlnK, however? Help! Eyeballs glzing... cnanot c tk typr...

5:30 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

It has been pointed out to me that it's been a really long time since I last blogged, and perhaps I ought to think about rectifying that. I bring this up because when I last blogged was nearly two weeks after you last blogged.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home