Friday, January 30, 2009

Easing in


A gentle start to the semester. Settled on what I'm taking, finally, and am having a bit more frenzied running around to try to get my paperwork filed for Special Student status, which means I'd be allowed to take a couple courses at The College rather than only at The Extension School. Which would be nice. Not the end of the world if I don't get approved, either.

It's really nice to have more time at home and not be insanely flat-out. Littlest child has a new fitness toy: a large bouncy ball, which one could use for Pilates I guess. He likes this sort of thing, and needs exercise, so voila. Middle is growing up so fast that it takes me breath away sometimes. Oldest is taking 3 classes at HES this term, too; we'll see how all this goes.

Week 1 chem: flames! Quite nifty. Nothing like lighting a balloon filled with hydrogen to wake people up. Ostensible topic: speed of reactions. But it was also pretty cool. Ball of flame = possible reason that the science center lecture hall floors are made of concrete.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I'm glad the beginning of the semester is going smoothly.I'm definitely hoping to be able to take classes there soon, for now though, money is going to more...important things sadly ;)

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home