Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Neuroscience rocks!


Sigh. I got to sit in on the lecture about myesthenia gravis and botulism and stuff last night - wow, was it fun to go through the molecular action. Yay! Professor kindly said yes, it would be okay if I sat in. One of my "Brain & Behavior" classmates is in neuro, too, so I sat with her. REALLY fun geeking out with her.

And our group paper thing for today is done. And - huzzah! - my biochem problem set is due Thursday, not today, so I didn't need to stay up 'til some silly hour finishing it. (I stayed up playing on the internet instead.) We present our stuff in brain class today & I actually found out all the stuff I wanted to know, like, hey what does a machine for diffusion tensor imaging look like? And what was that gene again, the one that works with ErbB4 to regulate oligodendrocyte expression? Fun.

Additional fun in biochem lab last week, though the lab writeups will be considerably less fun, I think (le sigh). I seem to be becoming experienced and competent. Science - I has some; what I do with it? (TF said ok you guys have all - wait, how many of you have done gel electrophoresis before? - hands going up consisted of... me. gee.) Anyway, I'm getting to the point where when I read about something, I've now had sufficient biostatistics and molecular biology and brain stuff up the wazoo that it doesn't all go over my head--I mostly get it! hey!

Happy belated Bastille Day! Liberte, Fraternite, Egalite! Et bonjour!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Je te souhaite bonjour aussi. Et je crois bien que tu es trop intelligente pour moi.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home