Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday


Hey, happy birthday to me!

I have class later and some reading to finish (ahem), but it is still my birthday. In our family, this means birthday cake for breakfast. My mom brought some over last night to make sure I'd have some at breakfast time.

I am a dauntingly ancient old lady of 44, now. Whoo hoo! Off to make coffee and do things I like to do (besides write, that is): read neuroscience, enjoy what looks to be amazing weather, and putter around. My kids are amazing. My friends are amazing. My family is amazing. I am grateful for all of you beyond all telling.

MK and M and I spent the last few days hammering out the details for fall Shakespeare, and it's now up here, which is locked but trust me, it's pretty cool. Here's my bio from it:

Liz A****s, Asst. Director/Coach for Loudness and Arm-Waving/Wild Ideas Generator Liz brings eight years of professional acting experience, multiple intensive Shakespeare seminars at university level, love of language generally (down to the molecular level) and Shakespeare in particular. She has been working in theater as an actor/singer/dancer, director, designer, or crew member since she was ten years old. Liz is currently finishing her degree in neuroscience at Harvard Extension and promises not to talk about oligodendrocytes unless asked.

It's going to be fun. Have a good day, all! And have some cake, too!

12 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I didn't realize that you and Dale have the same birthday! Happy Birthday, Liz!

9:06 AM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Enjoy!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Happy birthday! Cake: Nature's perfect breakfast food.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday! Have fun!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy the cake.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

What a dumbass I am! I didn't realize your birthday was today! Thanks for the plants and the visit!!

xo
-Tattoo Queen

4:35 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Am I too late to wish you happy birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Happy birthday!!! :)

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many happy returns of yesterday, and hell, today as well.

I am chronically late with these things. The Bard had some choice words for me, "Thou paunchy tardy-gaited dewberry!" That'll teach me.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! Go get wasted.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Happy belated birthday! (Now that you've mentioned oligodendrocytes, you just KNOW someone's going to find a way to work it -- them? -- into casual conversation.)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yay! Happy Belated!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home