Monday, June 09, 2008

BLAH, hot


I hate being uncomfortably hot. Really. I know, this isn't exactly earth-shattering stuff unique to Moi, but still, it's about all I can think of today.

It is hot.

It is yuckily hot.

I am moving slowly and sluggishly. Being in air conditioning seems to make the blasts of hot air even worse.

I am trying to think of cool things, and drink lots of cold water, and run my hands under cold water, and stuff like that. Mango popsicles from Trader Joe's and a little toast are all I can handle for non-liquid ingestibles today.

My birthday's coming up. It's been a long while since I was in the crying-every-day place, but what with Father's Day, and birthday, and kid birthdays, and oldest graduating and being in an existential quandary, and classes-being-over withdrawal, I've been a bit blue and withdrawn.

I'm mixed on how I feel about being close to finishing my degree, too. It's good (duh), but also another shift away from what my life used to be like, toward what it is becoming, and it's a little scary.

Some loud cheerful music is clearly in order - I like this whole cd, really; enjoy, and keep cool, you guys:


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

Keepin' cool is so much more work than I want it to be. I wish I could spend more time outside, but I melt so fast once I set foot on the cement. My solution = margharitas!
I realized a couple weeks ago when I mentioned life insurance that your response was more fervent than anyone else's and I finally looked into why. I am sorry. I can't relate as I have never gone through it, but I am still sorry. Good luck girl, cry when you need to.
Good luck with the new degree and how it changes your life! It will take some time to get used to, but you are awesome and you seem so thrilled about it so keep pushing along!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Are you or oldest in an existential quandary? Or both?

Instead of withdrawing, you reach out and up. That's a helluva gutsy move. Undoubtedly you know that courage isn't not being scared, it's being scared and going ahead anyway. You have an inspirational amount of it. (Especially to those of us who mostly muddle along.)

Gah, I'm not trying to sound like whatshisname, Tony Robbins. (Love you, Google!) I'm just saying, you're great, even when you don't feel that way.

Oh, and your apartment is so cute! Does it overlook Harvard Yard?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home