Saturday, April 26, 2008

Online shopping, oh how I love thee


So I've been needing a new bag for my textbooks and laptop and god knows what and finally got around to ordering one - yay! Timbuk2 makes really fun, sturdy ones and apparently all the cool kids are totin' 'em. Mine is gonna be purple & green. And have a laptop compartment. And like that. Whoo hoo!

Their site has a fun tool for picking out colors of fabric for your very own item - you click and it shows you what it'd look like. Fun! Hours' worth!

I managed to get a huge pile of recycling dragged out to the curb on the correct day for the recycling dudes to take it away. Go, me. Gradually de-crapifying the house - it's slow going but discernible progress has been made. Of course then the kids fill the newly cleared surfaces with books and things, but hey, even the small victories count.

I had a crying jag for the first time in months - not sure what triggered it, but I let it go and was okay after a while. There's a song from "Wicked" that's been getting to me lately, which may have been the tipping point - yes, I am deeply emotionally affected by show tunes, so sue me - it goes "kiss me too fiercely, hold me too tight," and, well, it's in a seriously minor key. Very dramatic. Sniff, wahhhh.

And the pansies are planted and look rather sweet.

Enjoy the weekend, you guys; I'm going to be studying/working on lab report today, I think.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

Oh, I have been lusting for a Timbuk2 for a while now... but I must be good. I have a nice leather cross between an old mailbag and a modern laptop bag in fantastic leather that I got for a steal and I justified the $50 to myself (marked down from $300!) that I would carry it FOR-E-VER. *sigh*

And as for "As Long As You're Mine", it both tears (rips) and tears (cries) me up every time. I think it's the combination of Idina Menzel's voice (which just speaks to me in some way) and the beauty of the piece itself.

I think there should be a Broadway Guitar Hero. Wouldn't that be hysterical? (Can you tell I've been playing GH3 just a bit lately?)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I've been known to be deeply affected by Hallmark commercials. In my defense, I was pregnant at the time. But I never know what will set me off on an all-too-vivid stroll down memory lane.

Whenever you start talking about bio my brain gums up and just refuses to take anything in. Is this very very wrong?

I gotta check out GH.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cry during commercials. And movie previews. And sometimes the show 'cops.' It was a touching episode!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home