Monday, April 21, 2008

Birthday, obsession, and school (oh, my)


It's dh's birthday. He would have turned 50 today. He would have taken the day off work, grumped about the traffic for the Boston Marathon (which is today and shuts down roads all over the place). He would have been proud and exasperated with the kids and I. It doesn't feel like a gaping hole, for which I'm grateful.

I have acquired an XBox 360 and "Rock Band," and the kids and I have spent an absurd amount of time playing it. It's really fun! There are drums, which are difficult, and a guitar very much like Guitar Hero, and vocals (which is just a hoot and a half). Woot! We rock! Far, far too easy to let it be a total time sink.

And I am getting caught up with Japanese history and preparing for another bio exam (which is on Wed. night), and generally wondering how the hell I'm going to manage this but will figure it out somehow or other. I'm sore from Pilates class last night and grumpy about having gained weight - ick. Not weighing myself, too depressing when the needle hasn't budged (and I know it hasn't because of how I feel and how my clothes fit). Blah.

At least I am a totally rockin' fake rock star! Hee!

Have a good afternoon, folks. I'm pensive but fine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Not a gaping hole is a very good thing. As is not forgetting.

As for the weight thing, we shan't speak of it.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Well, happy birthday to him anyway. Were he still here, he would doubtless take a few moments on his birthday to think about what a wonderful family he has. :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Having (I think) seen you more recently than Mel has, I'm not sure your gaining weight is a bad thing. At least not yet.

He's still woven in, and that's a good thing too.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Feeling his presence, but not feeling like you're struggling to bridge a gaping hole is good.

You're more than fine.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home