Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry. Also Happy. And pirates!


Merry Christmas and Happy Solstice and Happy New Year!

Christmas was good - how was yours? My extended family makes the holidays kind of improvisational, which adds excitement and a sense of danger to what would otherwise be a Traditional Celebratory Thingamajig. It's fun. But we're still trying to coordinate what happens this weekend.

I went on a date. It was okay. I contacted an old friend, who I sort of had a mutual thing about a long time ago (actually "last century," as he pointed out), and so we're trying to make plans to go do something silly. That's neat. There's still a very cute person via OKCupid I'm emailing, which is nice, too, and various other actually interesting people in whom I have no romantic interest but who are fun to correspond with anyway. Still figuring out the "blocking" option for the occasional deeply creepy weirdos that post pictures of their underpants, but I think I've got it figured out.

Santa brought the latest Pirates movie on DVD, so we got to watch the Best Wedding Ever in Cinema History yesterday. I think back-to-back in a sword fight to the death on board a ship from the underworld headed straight for the edge of the abyss is really the way good marriages function, when you get down to it. Don't you?

Listening to "Wicked" lately - it's such basic, good ol' Broadway; hard not to like. Great fun to sing along with, which I'm doing to the point that my kids are really sick of it.

Oh! Possible road trip! The WEBS annual sale thing is now through Jan. 5, and I think it'd be fun to go. I'll see people at Javaroom (for once), but also anybody stopping by here, hey, whatcha think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

Sorry to have missed you last night... next week?

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home