Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Belated Birthday, and Huzzah!


Happy Shakespeare's Birthday, a day late!

Also dh's birthday, on the 21st. I brought some flowers. (Ah, you're thinking, that's why so quiet this week; you would be correct about that.) He would have been 49.

More cheerful by a long way is the hard work of eldest child on her costume for Anime Boston. She and her friends started working on this huge project last September, and the results were breathtaking. They won first prize for craftsmanship in the novice division, and also a special judges' award - and one can only win two awards. Very, very proud mom, here. Have a look:






And that's all for now. The convention was amazing, the kids were amazing, they were so thrilled to win, and that's been the week. Other than a Pilates lesson, in which I discovered that my years of dance training and work in musical theatre resulted in completely unconscious turnout. The Pilates teacher has to keep telling me that my feet are pointed outward. Apparently this is so ingrained that I can only NOT do it with a lot of struggle. Ah, well; learning something new is good.

cheerio!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Aren't your feet supposed to turn outward?

Oh. I guess I'm conditioned too. (Conditioned to think that way, I mean: my physical conditioning is sadly lacking.)

Awesome costumes!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Those costumes are stunning. What an incredible amount of work and effort the kids must have put into them.
The birthday can't have been easy. 49 is way too young. Hugs.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Josette said...

My feet turned outward so bad as a kid that I had to wear those big clown leather shoes with braces for a year. Still, if I drink enough and try to run downhill, well...

It is so hard to celebrate such great stuff and still hold the grief you must have felt this week. I hold you. Take care.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Happy birthday to him.

Congratulations to the teenager as well... those costumes are amazing!

See you tomorrow night? (Or tonight, depending when you get this...)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Gorgeous costumes, indeed! You have every reason to be proud.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home