Thursday, July 06, 2006

Insert Bad Words Here



So there I was, merrily knitting along on the sleeves at Javaroom in the company of a whole skank of knitters. Really, it was spiffing. (hi, everybody!) This morning, I resumed work on them, since I couldn't go back to sleep and the children (at least the ones who were up) had already eaten breakfast.



Anything amiss? Anything coming to mind? No? Well, notice that the little bits of yarn sticking out, indicating the beginning of the round at the bottom of the work, are on one side. And the little bits of yarn indicating that the Weasel has begun her round at the top of the work, just after completing the fricking "increase at the beginning and end of every 4th round while centering the pattern and keeping the pattern correct and also increase 11 sts evenly on the first of those rows and also change needle sizes" - okay? this was not a fun process! - those little bits of yarn. Those are at the other end of the needle. Yes, I have managed to start my rounds at the wrong end. I now have beautifully centered patterning on one end and skanky increases on the other end, two different ways. There really is no way this will not be noticeable. These are cuffs. These are actually among the most noticeable parts of the whole damn sweater.

I am going to have to frog.

I am so traumatized that I could not hold my hands very steady, so the picture is kinda blurry despite many attempts - this is the best one, folks. Sorry about that. I think I need to go back to another piece of knitting, because I can't face this one any more today.

Crap.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Aw, crap. I don't think there's any way out of this one: if there were, you would have thought of it. It was really nice to see you, anyway.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not fun. At least it's not raining!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry we were such a distraction :( Too many good conversations to try and follow.

Just think of these as your practice swatches... that works for me.

Cya tonight!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Oh! Oh, no! Damn.

I'm sorry.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

Consider them gauge swatches... or dress rehearsals... :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home