Friday, June 02, 2006

Lucky Me!




Look what Geekpixie spun up for me. Just look. I am one lucky weasel. (Thank you so much, you Tattoo Queen, you!) It's the merino roving I got at NHS&W (which was NH Slosh & Wet this year), so soft and pretty and compelling that it came home with me even though I still can't spin worth a damn. But Geekpixie does! The yarn is soft and sproingy. Whee! I think I'm going to make some of those nifty cabled armwarmers from the second Stitch & Bitch book. (Um, the colors washed out a bit in the picture; it's really a rich bunch of tones. Also the foot in the picture is under the table the yarn is sitting on. There's a fake perspective thing going on that makes the yarn look like it must be Giant, or my foot Tiny. Neither is the case.)

Those of you who watched me swatching and grumping Wed., I did indeed finish the hat project and now Both commissions are done and patterns written and everything's arrived by now I hope. Now all I need to do is re-install printer drivers so that I can print again off my laptop. Still on the to-do list: print charts and patterns and make invoices for both projects and print the contracts and checklists and sign everything and mail it off. There. I am now Officially Off Deadline. YAY!!!! Now to play with yarn some more and get more design submittals ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Lucky weasel indeed, both for the yarn and the deadline-free respite.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home