Tuesday, May 23, 2006


Found it! Pictures again!

I found it, I found it, I found it! Yay! So now I can show you the tiny bit of progress on the various things on needles. Here they are:






These are my Almanac-along shawl, which is nearly finished (ahem--except for a few more rounds and the little matter of edging) (and I think I'm going very simple on that and just doing a garter edging like EZ suggests gently to the beginning shawl knitter) (which is what I am, really); the sleeves for the comfy tutleneck that is made of the yarn that makes me faint when I name it (malabrigo!) (thud) (comes to) (crap, you'd think just once I wouldn't swoon...); and the new Socks That Rock. The colorway on the socks is lapis, and yes, that's blue not the green you see here. I have no idea what my camera was thinking. It really is mostly blue, with flashes of bright purple which for some reason the conjunction of my camera and my computer are choosing today to interpret as green. Go figure.

I like green.

Not much else to report. The chairs we've been waiting for since February arrived today. Yay? Well, not exactly. Six of eight dining chairs seem to be warped and wobble, and the two upholstered ones for the other room have had the wrong piping put on, all over the place. I guess they must've thought we really liked that nautical ropy stuff a lot, especially next to the hideously expensive deep pile velvet. It looks ghastly. Oh the trauma! My custom upholstery has been done with the wrong edging! Oh what a life of misery I lead! God. You know the character in A Fish Called Wanda, John Cleese's wife? Where she's bitching about her day? "and to top it all off, Robertson's have sent the wrong flowers!" And he tries to work up some sympathy, or even interest, in this, and does this half-hearted "oh no!"

I feel kinda like that. The wife, I mean, not Cleese.

To answer y'all's questions, the $400 the old lady had to shell out for medicine was her out of pocket amount. No idea if it gets capped somewhere along the line, but if I had to guess, I'd guess not. Yes, a pox on the AARP--the Medicare prescription legislation is indeed a prize turkey. I'm only glad that there's somebody acting as counterweight to the evilness that is the Big Pharma lobby. Hi, Erica! Hi, Lynne! Hi, Lucia! Hi, Tattoo Queen (hee, hee, hee)! Hi, everybody!

I'm probably not going to be able to get to daytime knitting tomorrow (DD#1's birthday!), but I'm betting on Javaroom tomorrow night. So see you, those of you who I see, and miss you, Kathleen and Ruth and Ann and Lucia and Dale and Lauren and Judith.

Oh! I got a box o' yarn from Classic Elite to play with, for the next round of design submittals. They're so nice to me, even when I go all psycho. Which I do try very hard not to do. Perhaps I should design something simple, so as not to give them the willies. The hats for the other yarn co. are indeed begun, and that is a good thing. We had a minor issue today with not being able to find any graph paper in the house. I have REAMS of graph paper. I just couldn't find any. One little pad of cute French graph paper that is only big enough to jot the faintest notion of a fair isle idea on, not for actual work like I need to do. Like, oh, how is the hundred stitch round going to play out with the motifs I'm thinking about really? But all is well once more. So back to work I go, and hope to see somebody sometime.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Erm, you do know that you can make graph paper online with the greatest of ease?

I just may make it to Javaroom tonight if I can beat back this cold sufficiently. I am drinking ginger tea, which seems to help.

We need single payer so bad. Never happen, at least not with the current batch of gonifs in office.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

There's an online graph paper generator... the link is on my work computer, but I'll try to remember to send it to you tomorrow.
On the same site, there's a staff paper generator as well as about a bazillion others, so I use it quite frequently.
A student came up to me in class the other day... "Miss Paolilli, I've finished my work and would like to start my math homework. Do you have any graph paper?" I wrote her a pass to the library (where our laser printer is) and promptly printed off a couple sheets. So cool. :)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home