Sunday, May 28, 2006

Anime Boston, Dye-O-Rama, and more

Well, people, we've been at Anime Boston. The girls were in heaven. I had a fine time, too, partly because I scored a really good parking space (free! on-street! near our destination! how great is that!). Apart from the number of transvestites, it was a lot like Rhinebeck. In other circumstances, a tall man in a long white wig, floor length red coat, and knee high boots would get frightened stares; here, he got "oo, cool! can I take your picture?" and posed with a group of several others dressed the same way. (Men in Japanese schoolgirl uniforms started to look normal after a while. The men in ballgowns, I never did get used to.) It wasn't all cross-dressing, of course; there were also monster outfits and huge cardboard weapons and samurai and ninjas and pirates (oh, my). Take a gander:



Yes, these pictures bite. I was trying to be unobtrusive. My kids took some better ones; I might be able to post those later.

I got a lot of work done on the sleeves for the malabrigo (swoon) (thud). It did look strange; I didn't see any other KIPing at the convention, but people were indulgent. It was great fun walking around the public spaces and watching reactions to, oh, the green haired girl in the fur bikini. The knitting didn't cause so much the stir.

OO! my Dye-O-Rama buddy's yarn arrived at my house and oh, boy! oh, boy! oh, boy! It is Beautiful! It is Very Green! I so love green! Wahooo! See?


Thank you so, so much, Lis! She has some really lovely roving at her blog. Check it out!

Time to get off the computer. It's been such a beautiful weekend, and tomorrow is a holiday, too, so hurray! and hurray! and hurray again!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anime sounds a lot like P-town during Carnival. Cummington was great (and expensive).

10:14 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Looks like great fun! And what lovely green yarn.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I know (of) the person in the pink ballgown, the person with the large key looking sword thing, and the person in green with his back to the camera (Link, from the video game zelda) in that first picture. I work with "Link". Oh yes, yes I do. So funny that he's who you got a picture of!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Good Yarns said...

What pattern did you use for your Malabrigo pullover? I searched the web for that phrase and found your blog with a reference to it. Have you finished it? I've had some Malabrigo worsted for several months and wanted to get started on something soon. Love to have any advice!
PS I am a homeschool mom, are you?

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home