Thursday, May 22, 2008

Aftermath


Sort of a pun, there - I did actually have math to do yesterday, and now it's, um, after the math. Hahahaha!

The biology final was okay. I'm now feeling slightly sick to my stomach over having reversed the functions of parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems; bang over head repeatedly, here. On the plus side, I did all the sample exams and actually retained a few especially weird little bits of information that then showed up as questions on the final. Plant hormone systematin! ha ha!

Biostat, eh. I totally forgot how to interpret computer results for logistic regression and had to try and re-learn it. Also couldn't do the really simple, straightforward first question for some reason, took a guess.

In general, I'm in the "horrified reliving of all the questions I probably got wrong" phase of post-exam. Grades come out next week. It's hard to tell if I feel more like throwing up now, or if it was worse before the tests; I'm thinking it's worse right now, in part because I shut down as much as possible anything that felt like welling panic before the exams - now it's unclamped and flooding my system.

It hasn't sunk in at all that the academic year is OVER, especially that I don't have that biology class anymore. A. and I started listing all the things we can now do:
1) Laundry!
2) Reading books not related to schoolwork!
3) Sleep like a normal person! (this last is unlikely - it'll be a while before our systems re-adjust) (assuming that, um, happens)
4) Brains not able to think of anything else!

Hey, I can go to knitting, and also knit, and also take care of a whole bunch of family stuff, and like that.

Whoo hoo.

Cartilage vascularization. Parasympathetic nervous system. Arghhhhhh....

Trying to take deep breaths and wait for myself to stop obsessing. I guess I'll need to be in the obsessing for a bit.

Hi!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Hi! See you at knitting! In a couple of weeks Grant will be done with his last choral obligation and I'll even be able to stay late.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

Hooray! I'll be returning soon, really, since the concert is tonight. I plan to spend a serious amount of camping time this weekend catching up on sleeping. Now it will only be grad school that's eating my brain... and zombies. Always the zombies.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, not the post game! I do hope you relish your summer.

6:03 PM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

Good to see you last night! Don't stress about the finals you have done all you can do and now you are forced to wait it out. Be sure to post about the outcome!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home