Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year



That's the front of the house, avec beaucoup de pretty lights on. Putting the winding garland up and across the gap is a horrendous operation involving ladders, string, things falling on my head, and many, many bad words. (I got them up a couple of weeks before Christmas. It is an annual thing, which I hate - a LOT - but it looks so nice that I do it anyway.) (yes, I do realize that the loopy bit is lopsided.) Littlest and I wished each other a happy 2007; older two are at a party. The doglet, aka wretched animal, needed to go out at 12:25, of course. Sigh.

I've been making a fun something for my secret pal - it's entertaining and going quickly. After taking another look at the work in progress on her blog, the improvisational fair isle I was doing looked...kinda crappy, to be blunt. So I started something Really Rather Nice, stealing a good idea from Adrian at Hello Yarn--um, not that I actually know her, really, just met and had a very nice chat at the Knitting Olympics party. She does lovely stuff, though, don't you think? Anyway, the current secret item in progress is much better.

We finally got snow! It's nearly gone, but it looks like winter, at last. It's been frustrating hearing news about 24 inches in 24 hours again in Denver--our poor ski areas are losing their shirts, we've had 45 - 50 F for the entire fall, they can't even really do snowmaking.

I'm still hearing fireworks, either that or the police station is doing excessively enthusiastic outdoor firearms practice at a very strange hour. I can't see anything cool, but the noise is, er, exciting. Wretched dog is barking at it, one in the morning, shut up!already!nomorebarking!arrrrghgh!

Riverbend is blogging again. It's so hard to know if she's still alive when time goes by and no posts - of course the major problem is that there's effectively no electricity in Baghdad, who the hell wants to deal with a blog when you're struggling to survive, but it's good to see she's still there.

One more thing, fun this time:

The kids set this up on Christmas Eve and had it out for me when I got back from the grocery store. I have some great kids.

Happy New Year, all. May 2007 suck less than it otherwise could. Dona nobis pacem.

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Adrian does do some great thing. I met her briefly at same party. I love the scrabble board, nice job kiddos. Happy New Year!

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"May 2007 suck less..." My sentiments exactly. Happy New Year!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You and I met at the Knitting Olympics party, too. And I consider us to be friends. Just saying.
Happy New Year - I hope 2007 brings you peace.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

You have some truly amazing kids. Must be genetic or something. Happy New Year, dona nobis pacem, amen.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Great kids, indeed. I was going to say something about the gene pool, but Lucia beat me to it.

Happy new year to you, to, Liz. See you soon.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

May 2007 be a wonderful year indeed, and may all the changes of 2006 find resolution and peaceful adaptation in 2007.

Your kids kick ass, by the way.
We should have an intergenerational Scrabble tournament! :)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, my dear. I'll third Ruth and Lucia -- I have a sneaking suspicion about how those kids got so great.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home