Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mysteries resolved



We had a few of them piling up. The mystery of Who Made the Fabulous Book of Photos? That would be Jena. You are a goddess, Jena. Thank you. The mystery of Where the Hell is My IRA Rollover? It finally showed up. Yay. And boo to you, Bank of America; you totally made it the most ridiculous process imaginable.

The yarn from the crazed (and I do mean crazed) yarn fetish jaunt appears now. First, the malabrigo (swoon) (thud).

(comes to) What the hell?? Oh, yeah; I was taking a picture, wasn't I? Okay. Oh, first? First, if you want to sign up for the Socks That Rock Sock Club, go do that now. I'll wait. I may have to pick myself up off the floor again, and I don't want that you should be hanging around with nothing to do while that's all going on. There.

Oh, and second, if you have been meaning to get around to it but haven't, it's nearly the end of the tax year and Yarn Harlot did ask for donations to Medecins Sans Frontieres, so I'm just sayin'...I'm probably the last knitter left who hadn't gotten around to it yet, but there you go. I haven't made a Clapotis yet, either. Or Jaywalkers. But the yarn's waiting, it's there, it'll happen. Here we go! Picture of some of the yarn that makes me fall over in a swoon--trademark blur, color correction left to the imagination, but it is in fact a warm shade of wine and bright green. Whee!



I'm procrastinating, of course. DD#2 chose yarn for a poncho. Yes, a poncho. And she went looking through mommy's stash, and she chose...Lion Brand Lion Suede. This is a chenille yarn that is really soft, but positively unspeakable to knit. It sticks, it breaks, it is ...ewww. But that's what she picked.

Um, blurry picture of some more yarn:



Fabulous. I hadn't seen Rowan Spray in the flesh before, and it bewitched me. I stood there staring and staring. And staring. The colors! They're so...cool.

Roundup, aka html bingo (let's see if I can make it, shall we?): Thank you, Mel--the Japanese folks I consulted had no idea what seitan was, either; nice to know it's not just me. And thanks, Carole, Lucia, Lynne, the inimitable Tattoo Queen, and Kat, and Jennifer (who I swear I gotta see sometime, fer heavens' sake), and Secret Pal--Christmas done, now; onward to New Year's, which will be a whole lot simpler as it's never been anything in particular.

Cheers, all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't knit Clapotis or Jaywalkers either, and finally got around to making my 2007 MSF donation today. Although, I have knit a poncho. I need to stay away from Malabrigo in the wild until I knit up a good portion of the stash.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

and that reminds me, I meant to come back and say that I saw seitan at Whole Foods when I was there pre-Christmas. It's in the dairy case all the way on the right.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

No Clapotis? No Jaywalkers? What kind of blogger are you? LOL
It's okay, everyone has moved on to Fetching now.
Hugs to you, Liz. I hope you find comfort and peace in 2007.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I haven't knit Clapotis or Jaywalkers, and probably won't, because, you know, pattern phobia. So you'll have me beat at least, not that that's anything to write home about. You're entirely welcome, I'm not sure for what, but... onward.

9:31 AM  
Blogger YawnOver said...

Mmmmalabrigo...and what gorgeous colors. I need to finish my IHS - would have been done a month ago but for all the fondling :)

Happy new year, and new stash!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also haven't knit either Clapotis or Jaywalkers... (and have no desire too-- does that mean I have to hand in my knitting card...?). But I did just recently begin Rogue, in MMmmmmmmmalabrigo, no less. So I'm slowly getting on the bandwagon of Popular Knits.

I will raise a glass to you at midnight, and wish for you a peaceful 2007.

PS. I keep forgetting to ask; have you tried the spindle yet? ;-)

- SP9 "Selkie"

9:54 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Happy New Year and Happy Knitting in 2007.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home