Tuesday, December 26, 2006


Merry-ness, and thanks



This is the Christmas Frog. The story of the Christmas Frog will wait for another day, but for now, let his cheerful ribbit serve as an emblem of made-up tradition and the joy of the season.

I've been the beneficiary of a great deal of good will and cheer this Christmas. Thank you, Jena and everyone, the cushion is lovely and comfy. Thank you, Whoever Made the Beautiful Book of Steve's photos, it is gorgeous and who are you?? A wrapped parcel was on my doorstep along with the bag of cushion and I don't know from whence the book came, but I love it. Thank you, Santa, whoever you really are, for the 12 days of Christmas we're in the middle of--we've been receiving little packages every day from someone signing themselves "Old Santa," and it's been a joy.

Christmas Day at my aunt's was lovely. More cousins than I expected, really fun, and my son loved playing with my cousin's son, and my aunt had some of DH's favorite beer (Sam Smith) (oo, it's really good stuff) to toast his memory, and it was a warm, wonderful time. Thankful for my huge, presposterous, incredible extended family. (Most of the extended family wants to get hold of their own copies of the wonderful book made by Whoever That Was, btw)

And thank you for driving today, Lynne! I, er, bought some yarn. Haven't done that in a while. It took me ages to get my act together this morning (for which read: it was nearly not morning any more) and call and go, hey let's go today, and Lynne's like, hey, right now? and I'm like, oh yeah, and she was like, oh yeah, and we were both like, all right! sweet! and we totally bought like, more yarn than you would think two otherwise sane ladies would ever contemplate. But we had this one coming. Really. There was Rowan that I hadn't seen in the flesh before, and some Silky Tweed on sale, and ... whisper: malabrigo. (swoon, thud) (goddamn, that still happens!)

(wakes up) Oh. Yeah, we found a couple of things, like you do. This 'n that. I also picked up the current Rowan magazine, which I needed to do because yet again I have let my subscription run out by mistake--face it, with only two issues, you lose track--and there is some humdinger hilarious stuff in there. A crocheted item which appears to be my grandmother's bureau scarf, worn as a belt. Yes, this will come in the knitting bag to point and laugh at Wed. night.

G'night, all. I'm going to pour a small glass of Bailey's and watch Dr. Who dvd's (!) and fondle some yarn. It's nice to find myself wanting to do that again. Cheers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm so glad to hear that Christmas was happy for you.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Me too. And look forward to seeing the bureau scarf pattern in person. Not to mention you.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, Bailey's and Doctor Who. You are a woman after my own heart!

Now...when do we get to see pictures of the luscious Malabrigo? :thud: (tee) I just bought a bag of it (on sale!) with which to finally make Rogue.

I'm so glad, Liz, that the holidays were peaceful and toasty. And it sounds as if you are one Very Loved Woman.

Best wishes,
SP9 pal "Selkie"

1:56 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Aw, if I had seen this post before I saw you in person, I would have 'fessed up. :)

I'm glad you liked it as well as the throw pillow. May you enjoy many warm winter evenings with your afghan and pillow.

I'll let you know once I've figured out how to order more books without me ordering them through my work computer on my Apple account. I'm sure it's possible.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home