Sunday, April 24, 2011

Didn't this used to be a blog?


Yeah, I know...

Hello again! Wee hours in the middle of Anime Boston, here, and life continues to hurtle along just barely within my grasp. Academics: nearly under control. Ditto emotional life, ditto balance, etc. etc. et friggin' cetera. I'm a little annoyed with myself for missing the Dr. Who thing that was broadcast tonight, but this is, in fact, not a very big problem to have, is it?

The personal life has shifted: no longer with one of the men, which is best for us both, and very much with the other one, which is also a very, very good thing. It keeps expanding and extending and other "ex-" words that mean life becoming more than it was before. I don't mean to be cryptic, but I also try to protect the privacy of the people I love, so alas, not much detail to be had, here. It is a non-monogamous relationship, as mine are/have been for a little while, now. It's also sane, nourishing, joyous, occasionally frustrating, and intense; to some extent we are in uncharted territory with each other.

Haven't made much progress on the socks I've been working on, but that's okay.

I'm presenting at a conference on gifted education, mostly because the organizer is a good friend. It should be interesting, hopefully for the audience and not just me. Next weekend! Better finish my prep for it, eh?

Oh, yeah - I got an honorable mention on the NSF fellowship. Not tattoo-worthy, not this year, anyway, but we shall see what happens next year when I reapply. In the meantime, whoo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home