Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Brown!


It's really happening. I'm still a bit stunned.

Brown University's PhD neuroscience program has offered me a place for this coming fall. Apparently the admissions committee were unanimous in wanting to extend me an offer. I got word this morning that administration approved an increase in stipends, and that the formal stuff will be arriving in the next few days.

Sure, I've been working my tail off, and I do have some good ideas, but it still feels a little unreal. It is beginning to sink in, though, and I'm starting to think about what I'm going to be able to do. Which is pretty damn cool. And I will be part of a community in which I can dork out to my heart's content about receptor protein subunits.

Wow.

13 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

YAY! you rock and will love it!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

thanks! are you coming to javaroom this week?

1:11 PM  
Anonymous katjconsult said...

they are lucky to have you!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Excellent news!!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

thanks, Mel! thanks, Kat!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Oh, well done you!!! (But does this mean you will be moving?)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

thanks, Ruth!
and no, not moving - it's not too too bad a commute, esp. compared to going into Boston.
happy happy happy :)

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!Wonderful, exciting news. All the best always...Kathleen P.

5:17 AM  
Blogger berlinBat said...

Great! Congrats!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

OMFG that is fanFtastic! OMFG. Receptor protein subunits FTW!

(No, I haven't a clue what they are, but who cares?)

(I wish I could get to Javaroom tonight, but it's dress rehearsal week, so my built-in babysitter is out.)

(Verification string: gablor. Hodda Gablor, I presume.)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks, berlinBat & Lucia (yes, Hodda Gablor, I'm sure) and Kathleen!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

A;DFJA;LDFJA;DKJLF!!!111111!

I am late to the party but no less thrilled for you. CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anna-Karin said...

Congratulations, that's so cool.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home