Saturday, April 02, 2011

Crazed Weasel arrives at Spring, barely


Holy crap.

Way too many things have been happening, and continue to happen, and I'm in a constant state of triage with a lot of it, to borrow the encapsulation used by K. D continues to be a force for happiness in my life, my family...is having a lot of Stuff happening (mainly of the not good variety), academic life continues to be extraordinarily challenging and I wonder if I'm having some kind of brain damage when I can't remember things. Like what the symptoms of Huntington's disease even *are*.

And it is less and less often that I take a few minutes to breathe, and think. So hi, thoughts! And hello, anyone reading this! It is already April 2, and time keeps passing, with too little to show for it, it seems some days; other days, it feels like a huge amount of things have happened that somehow mark change and growth and (oh please) greater wisdom.

The winter went crashing along, with epic levels of snow and huge stress and multiple crises and so much insanity that I didn't send holiday greetings to anyone at all, which feels weird. It is now rather late to do that, don't you think? Um, happy winter, everyone. I'm not sure how, exactly, I got to April without a total meltdown...oh, wait, that did kind of happen. Right.

I know I sound not-okay, but I am. I'm bemused, reasonably peaceful, pretty happy overall and in particular. And I have a lot of work to do, surprise surprise (when do I *not* have a lot of work to do?), some of which isn't very tangible. Like finding better balance in my life - yes, still trying. I am beginning to suspect that finding balance means something a bit different from what I think it does, and that it is more a journey than a destination.

Welcome, spring, and the awakening of the earth and the trees and us all. Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger berlinBat said...

Hi, nice to see you back, and happy spring! Reminding oneself to breath (and occasionally, think) is crucial but, it seems, at times too easy to forget about..

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Peace to you, too. I met a lovely friend of yours at Fiber Camp.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home