Thursday, July 19, 2007

Unexpected


I think I did pretty well on the midterm. I went blank on something really easy - areas of the spine, for heavens' sake! (kicks self in frustration) (won't forget that ever again, at least: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral) (I couldn't think of the word "cervical") (AARGH!) - and there are one or two other things I messed up, but hopefully good enough to still be in "A" range. I did not expect to blow it on the easy part. Sigh.

I am also needing to listen to loud music this week - The Killers, some Slayer I think, ancient AC/DC ("Back in Black," of course). For a person who normally listens to stuff like Mozart and, well, Enya, this is a bit surprising. Something about loud guitars, and how hard I've been working, and the visceral emotional readjustment - it just all goes together, somehow.

Love the loud on the chorus for this one (Linkin Park) (kind of an annoying video--I just listen on the radio, really):


I have become one of those annoying drivers listening to loud music with the windows open. Good grief.

The house finches have been having guests come look at the baby birds. It's fun to watch. The female sits on the nest, the male flits over and perches on the crosswire, then a couple of other females fly over and perch on the edge ("tweet, tweet, oh they look just like you, Diane.").
Then they all glare at me, fly over to the telephone wire, and chirp very angrily for a while. Another male joins them. More angry chirping. ("tweet, what we should do, guys, is PUFF UP OUR FEATHERS! tweet! yeah! that'll show her!") Then they all puff up their feathers and glare at me some more.

Here are the little guys:

Cute, eh? Fluff balls with beaks.

Have a good day, all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you don't have a sub-woofer booming in your trunk, rattling my windows and setting off car alarms, I think you are OK.

Everyone needs a blast of AC/DC now and then. Good stuff.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I listen to light classical and soft rock except when I am really frustrated/pissed off/severely PMS (not that I have much PMS these days), whereupon I listen to WBCN. There's something about loud in-your-face music that can improve my mood immensely.

Baby birdies, so cute!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I do so love house finches. And loud music in the summertime. Look up The Gossip - very good stuff.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Very, very cute babies. Mom and Dad have every reason to be proud.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I always did that with my midterms - blanked out on the easy part. Now that you've done your first one, you'll know what to expect and it won't be so daunting.

I love the little fluffballs...so cute!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home