Friday, January 12, 2007

Trying to stop the madness



Well, despite being an incredibly haphazard thing, the rally in Concord that I went to with oldest kid drew slightly over 50 people, from churches, various peace groups, and who knows what else. As far as I could figure out, I was the only "MoveOn.org" or "DailyKos" person there. Oldest liked it, and it felt good to do something.

Perhaps it is a feature of demonstrations in affluent suburbs, but everybody brought candles and other supplies (so the hundred I brought were, um, extra). We were so well equipped that it was a little embarassing.

I called my Congressional delegation, too, but it felt silly, as Kennedy is leading the charge in the Senate and my guy in the House has introduced legislation, too. Kerry's on board. *sigh* The redundance of being a progressive in Massachusetts...

Blogging remotely again. Apparently, sometime after we left for the demonstration, the internet broke. I have no idea what's wrong with it and have done the "turn it off and on again" fix many, many times. Fortunately the local library now has wireless.

There's a march on Washington January 27. I keep thinking, oh but surely it'll be better by then. But it isn't. So I'm probably going down with the kids. There may be a bus organized, or I might just drive, or train, maybe--that's a good idea, Lynne, if the trains are running. I have some relatives down there that it'd be nice to visit.

My own madness was okay yesterday; today, self-imposed pressure cooker. You know how when you have a bunch of things you really need to do and you keep starting things and getting distracted and suddenly it's two o'clock and almost nothing is done? Yeah, like that. That and spending too much time online. Except I can't today because there is no internets today and they are broken and sad. Boo hoo, poor internets, poor me.

One of the things I *will* get to is wrapping yarn to dye in a self-striping sequence or three. Finally got the yarn and the dye, now all I need is my brain again and I'm good to go.


3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

You're such a protester! I love it!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I wonder if Grant would like to go to that. We can't both go, for obvious reasons, and it's his turn to have a Taz-free weekend.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love that you're a protester! And reading that I gave a little mental "whew" also because I'd put some Vietnam era protest songs on that CD (Phil Ochs, Steve Goodman) and then kind of worried "hrm, I hope this doesn't offend her...". Looks like there's nothing to worry about there!

You? Rock.

Protest (and knit) on,
SP9 "Selkie"
:-)

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home