Saturday, February 18, 2006



What I Did While the US Men's Hockey Team Was Losing to Slovakia
Yes, they did score one goal, and I don't even like hockey all that much, but everybody played it either on ice or as street hockey when I was a kid growing up. So I feel obliged to at least pay attention.

The Olympic project is progressing slowly, since I'm not devoting all available time to it. I'm now in the green-on-green section, which I've already miscounted once (8 then 3 then 7 then 1...oops. That kind of miscounting. The Weasel gives thanks that this was only 5 leaves from the end of the round, rather than at the very beginning.). The other picture, which resembles perhaps a highly ineffective gunny sack, is the February Almanac-a-long project. (psst - it's a shawl) (which you can't tell by looking at it) I've put in a row of yo, k2tog, and knit a few rows beyond that. For some reason I was surprised that even when I don't want that to be a picot turning row, the knitting seems to think that's where its destiny lies. So there are these funny pointy bumps. Funny-strange, or depending on your point of view, funny-ha-ha.

I am so, so thrilled to hear from you, dear reader(s); thank you, thank you, thank you. Comments are what make blogging fun. So thank you, Ruth (and I apologize about the cable crossover, but you know it's for the best), Lucia (see you tomorrow at Borders?)--about a thousand thanks, both of you. You know why. And blogsters Annie, dragon knitter, Erica - thank you so, so much for your encouragement and kind words - I think there's a hefty percentage of Team Boston that has overestimated how fast we'd be able to knit for this. Dragon, 3 mmm is US size 2. Yes, two. I'm effectively making a sock large enough for Thor. Thank you to Sarah for sympathy on the house saga, to sep and Kathleen and Annie and Ann, Brooklyn Tweed (the hat looks ridiculous on, the fit absolutely blows). Oh, yeah! A picture of it on a head! Well, you asked for it:


And jerry&maxy. And everybody. Thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

I think I have leave to go to Borders. Wanna carpool?

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't help but think if you folded up a brim and pulled the hat snug it would look fine. Your fair isle is beautiful! The colors will look great on you.

Kathleen

p.s. Ruth has a spot in her back yard right next to Lucia's with your name on it. Beware next time knitting is at her house!

12:52 PM  
Blogger j a r e d said...

yes! thank you! i actually think it looks pretty cool in its own way!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Mrs BJ said...

Hi! The sweater you're making for the Olympics is beautiful! Where did you get the pattern from and what yarn are you using? I'd love to make that myself!
http://www.hereastitchthereastitch.blogspot.com

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home