Wednesday, February 01, 2006


Not again! Argh!
Well, I frogged the second sock again. It was nearly ready for a heel flap, and I looked at it, and ... rather than being way too tight, this time it's way too loose.

I'm not sure you can see from the picture, but the one on needles is quite a bit bigger than the completed sock. In fact, 3 pattern repeats on the too-loose sock are the same length as 3 and a half repeats on the completed sock. Which I didn't seem to have any trouble knitting the first time. But for some reason I need to reknit this sock over and over (and over) again in order for it to be even close to the same size.

Have I mentioned that I am NOT a process knitter??? I am NOT ENJOYING reknitting the same sock. I want to WEAR the sock.

The kids are more overscheduled than usual today, so Ruth, Kathleen, everybody, I'll see you next week, with the free lace project (the weird looking thing). I may have a sick husband coming home today--could be the same nasty bug going around everyone else's households. Or it could be the fumes from the paint stripper.

And hey! There's a Stitch & Bitch at the Nashua Borders on Sunday, 2 - 5, if anybody's up for it.

I'm going to ignore the now-ripped sock yarn for a while and look at the February Almanac chapter now. I may pout, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Pouting is good. I'm doing that today, too.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the advice about removing bandaids? rip them both out, and then reknit both at the same time on circulars. they will be done at the same time and will be THE SAME SIZE.
Kathleen

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pout and eat chocolate, I say. Chocolate makes everything better.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home