Thursday, February 09, 2006

Olympic jitters
Well, the Knitting Olympics start tomorrow. I am not ready. I thought, oh, I'll just finish this 1) pair of socks 2) commissioned piece 3) Dale for dh 4) oh god/oh yay I sold a design I have to do that, too 5) let's start a shawl for restful knitting to take a break from the totally CRAZED WEASEL knitting that I seem to be doing.

I'm not panicking. I'm really not. But I'm not, comme un dire, "relaxed." And I'm quite sure my French is misspelled, but I don't care. I mean I don't care very much.

Ack.

No idea if I'm going to make it to Jamaica Plain for the Team Boston get-together, which is sad. In fact I'm pretty sure I won't. Ack.

The house project so far is now freaking me out slightly less. The walls have some stuff on them that is not brown. The house is completely full of tables and workers and on the whole, I'm glad we're at the homeschooling coop today (and yesterday). I have given my cell phone up for lost and purchased a new one, so I can now be contacted again.

Tuesday was...well. Tuesday started with telling off painters and spending lots of time discussing what I was displeased with (like the plaster dust and the brown and and and). This took several hours that, frankly, I did not have to spare. So I spent the rest of the day and a lot of yesterday frantically trying to catch up and get sorted in my tiny little mind what things needed to happen when.

In short, I freaked out again. I'm better now.

Except for this Olympics thing, of course. But that's a more tangible and finite thing than many (most!) of my other obligations, with the bonus that I really, really want to do it.

So there.

Hang in there, all. I will be, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it has begun! I hope the knitting is going well and smoothly.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home