Friday, January 20, 2006

This, for good or ill, is my Olympic Challenge project. Fingers crossed that there are no casualties along the way.





This is the button for Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics, image by JenLa.
You ladies rock!

Fortunately, dear husband does, too, helpfully showing me how to find the link to an uploaded image so that I can - tada! - put in where it belongs, in the sidebar. Yay!

And the Almanac hat is starting to look like a hat, kinda. I'm discovering that Lopi doesn't show much stitch definition. If any. If you look at it and squint, you can sort of tell that something is going on, but not exactly what. Note to self: good thing we are not making a whole lopi aran sweater. That would be a Bad Thing. See for yourself (above).

Also, a mate to the waving lace sock, stuck to the lopi picture. Add to the list of the many things I do not yet know how to do: put the pictures where I want them on the page.
(sigh)

I'm psyched about cracking the problem I was having with EZ's cable-needle-less twists, specifically the rightward slanting one. Figures I would have trouble leaning to the right (groan). The sock is a nice break from the hat, which is beginning to be discouraging in its lopi-ness and non-visible-aran-patterning. Here I'm going to all this trouble, and what do you see? Well, look at it. There really, really is a 5 stitch ribbed cable in there, and some of Fishtrap, but can you see it? No, not really, no, you can't. Trust me - you can't see it very well "in the flesh" either, so to speak.








2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Next time we're together and a computer is accessible, I can show you how to do the pictures thing.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Your Olympics event looks fantastic (at least from the kit photo)! Definitely looks like a challenge - good luck!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home