Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ah, teenagers...
Today's sample:
DD#2 and DS are grumping but basically finishing their Latin, in anticipation of being allowed at last (frabjous day! callooh, callay!) to play a video game, and I'm on the phone with someone who had questions about homeschooling (it's been a synchronicity day for that--not Christine but someone I don't actually know), and DD#1, the 15 year old, is having a good old harrumph. She is harrumphing because she needed to ask me how to log in to her online math virtual classroom thing. And I, fool that I am, showed her how. And had the audacity to point out that her tutor may have an office hours slot on the online virtual platform and we'd best check and see if there was one. EGAD.

Anyhow, the two younger ones stop me and wave at me as I babble - mom! look! a rainbow! Sure enough, a gorgeous rainbow, driving staight into the horizon. Beautiful. I call to the teenager. "Come! Look! There's a gorgeous rainbow!" She stomps down the stairs. Glares at the rainbow. Glares at me.

"I'm going to go practice violin," she snarls, and stomps back up the stairs.
Me: "Could you please be a little less hostile?"
DD#1: (shouts) "I'm not hostile!"

(curtain)

Some days are like that. Even in Australia.



1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Sounds a lot like my house, only 12 years further on.

My sympathies.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home