Tuesday, January 10, 2006

And I'm still struggling with getting this whole blog thing to work--hm...perhaps I should say, I am still struggling to figure out how to work this simple pre-set helpful blogging package. Madre de dios. I did manage to get photos uploaded, but to webspace at my ISP rather than anything else, and now I can't figure out how to link to the uploads. Or change my template to something a tad more modern.

Anyway, I'm on the futon couch in my lovely workroom, escaping the paint fumes that had utterly overcome me. My head hurt, my throat was dry, I was feelng woozy--I'm guessing it's the paint fumes, eh?

We're having a whole bunch of decorating work done--paint, built-in nifty things, the most preposterously expensive wallpaper known to man, some lovely furniture that future generations will probably still be paying for. It goes on, but I can't cope with more than that, really. Suffice it to say that there is painting going on and has been for days, and the first floor of the house is utterly filled with overpowering PAINT FUMES.

Did I mention that my head hurts?

Knitting:
I'm still on blessed respite from any work for hire. I am ambivalent about this, of course; I LOVE having work to do for hire. I love it. I do. But deadlines are actually not inherently fun, and at the moment I have this little window of time where I can knit for the family. So I am. I've finished socks for the oldest daughter, am about to bindoff the sleeves for my cardigan, I have some Waving Lace socks from IK spring 2004 on needles - those are on the gusset pickup, I am determined to finish the sweaters in progress for dear son and dear husband... silly, really, there's so much.

But it's all wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home