Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Phew!


Grades are in! So even after catastrophic bomb-ola on portions of my final exams, I got B's and a B minus - YAY!!!

B in biology, B (god only knows what the curve must have been...) in molecular bio, B in Japanese history (again, by an act of divine providence which we shall not examine too closely), and a B- in biostatistics.

Ta da! Yay! All things considered, this is pretty damn good. I was hoping that if the fates were especially kind, I *might* squeak out B's in molecular and Japanese - and apparently Atropos didn't have it in for me this semester.

This means hope is not lost for declaring a field of study in bio, that I am maybe still eligible for applying for special student status - all kindsa good. That stuff's dependent on a reasonable grade point average, which I have not totally wrecked. Not yet, anyway.

Um, if I start muttering about registering for another history course, will someone please either shoot me with a tranquilizer dart or talk me down, until that particular madness subsides? I do like studying the sweep of human events, of course; I just can't bring myself to give a crap about names and dates. Sort of important when you're taking history. Go figure.

Yay!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

All B's is definitely good. In vet school the mantra was "C = DVM" (though I think most of us did consistently better than that).

I generally have the same problem with history. I like the stories and the overall scope, but trying to get me to remember who did what to or with whom when just doesn't work.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

I am cheering for you!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

Hooray! Congrats on the good grades!

I find that I best enjoy studying history by reading about it. Lectures are great, but often are accompanied by pesky things like tests and papers. :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Yay, you!!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Gimme and L!... Yaaaaay, Liz!

If you feel an urge to study the sweep of human events, you can always read a book or three. I recommend 1066 and All That.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home