Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Optimistic that I might have pictures soon.

So in utter frustration, I asked dear husband if he'd seen the zippered pouch wherein I kept all my backup disks. Well, apparently he moved all of them. So now I am reunited with my OS backup, Norton Utilities, and Norton Antivirus. This is good! The bad news is that even after running disk repair, I'm still having a lot of issues. I haven't tested a lot of the functionality, because defragging took two hours and then retrieving email for some reason kept hanging. The ease with which disk repair ran was not comforting, because there is a persistent major problem that has not ever been corrected (because it's too deeply embedded) and this time, disk repair neither found it nor fixed it. This is why I am not terribly confident that everything is ok. I'm also both unable to reinstall antivirus and unable to uninstall it.

Anyway, HI. I'm back from Creativity Weekend in the Berkshires. It was at times very difficult, and other times really, really wonderful. Time well spent. I'm not quite as raw as I have been, but this morning has been exceptionally irritating; I seem to be getting into arguments with almost every person who crosses my path. It is likely that the problem is me, rather than a large number of other people. Or maybe everybody else really has gone into full-out asshole mode.

All About The Weekend: not possible to blog it all, really, but here goes: I went with a group of women who all know each other from homeschooling. We stayed in a 22-woman dorm room, on bunk beds. This is as monastic as it sounds. We ate tofu. We did yoga. We rose at absurdly early hours to do writing exercises. We maintained an hour of silence one day. We did not do any naked (ahem, "clothing optional") whirlpooling. We did almost all of the exercises in The Artist's Way that I had avoided (and avoided for good reason! they're hard!). We shared our thoughts with total strangers, over and over and over again. And we also laughed, at the world and at ourselves. I took from it a renewed sense of possibility--which I think was the point. Julia Cameron really knows what she's doing.

And I'm still cranky.

Time to finish the commission, now, so over and out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

I am sympathetic about your computer and crankiness (me? cranky? I am not cranky. shut up and clean your room.) and jealous of your weekend. I hope to see you again someday.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(waves hand urgently) Yes, you've been pretty raw and cranky! Moreso than usual. As luck would have it, your being cranky and sensitive occured precisely when I was in a blue funk and being an emo "nooneunderstandsmeWAH!" spotlight hog. Happily, I have got my shizzle together-izzle. Word. Fo'sho.
-DC#1

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home